Eight-month-old baby Xiao Bao was found in a pool of blood in his backyard after being stabbed over 90 times by his mother, who was angry because the baby bit her while breastfeeding, reports the Daily Mail.
The incident took place in Xuzhou in the Jiangsu Province of eastern China and baby Xiao needed more than 100 stitches.
The infant is fortunately recovering, but neighbors are pleading with authorities to take him away from his mother and the two uncles who live with them at the home.
There have been no reports that the mother was suffering with mental illness, but it appears that a clear case of postpartum depression is a possibility.
Symptoms of postpartum depression can present up to one year after childbirth, but typically are present by 3 months. They include feelings of anger, depression, suicidal thoughts and thoughts of harming the baby.
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Mayor Bloomberg Needs To Remember We’re In A Democracy
- Saudi “Princess” Popped For Human Trafficking
- Real Life Superman To The Rescue [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Chinese Girl Births 74-Year-Old Man’s Baby!
- Snot-Nosed Woman Charged After Gouging Mom’s Eyes Out !
- FBI Arrest Nine in Cincinnati and Covington Drug Bust
- Missing Persons Alert