After an epic 13 hour-long filibuster attempt, Texas Senator Wendy Davis successfully struck down brutal abortion bill SB5 that would ban abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy, and close most abortion clinics in the state.
The filibuster—which was to consist of Davis standing and speaking for thirteen hours straight in order to force the Texas Senate to miss a midnight deadline to pass the bill—began early yesterday, but was halted at about 10 PM CDT when Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst claimed that Davis had violated the strict rules of a filibuster after 11 hours. Senators spent the next hour debating whether or not she did actually violate the rules of a filibuster, before scrambling to vote on the abortion bill before the clock struck midnight.
To read more Click Here
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- 10 Fun Facts About Michael Jackson
- Miley Cyrus, Stop Disrespecting What ‘Feels Black’
- Man Critically Injured After Saving Niece From Falling Tree
- Prosecution to Unveil Mystery Witness in George Zimmerman Trial Today
- Al Sharpton: Paula Deen Shouldn’t Be Judged On Past Statements [VIDEO]
- Hidden Camera Records Savage Attack on NJ Mother
- Don West: Zimmerman’s Attorney Opens Trial With A Knock-Knock Joke [VIDEO]