Once again proving that racism crosses party lines, Gloria Platko, a Democratic Township Clerk in Buena Vista, Michigan, is refusing to step down from her position after being busted calling Township Supervisor Dwayne Parker an “an arrogant n***er,” reports Mediate.com.
Interim Township Manager Dexter Mitchell taped a phone conversation and, though Platko’s words are clear, the 63-year-old Dixiecrat claims that it was a “slip of the tongue.”
Hear the full conversation below. Platko’a remarks come at the 6:00 mark.
Speaking to NBC 25 reporter Walter Smith-Randolp, Platko pulled out the go to bigot card when denying that she’s racist:
I can’t be racist, I have black friends.
“I’m sorry to my five other board members, and I’m entirely sorry to this entire community,” said Platko. “I’ve eaten Thanksgiving dinner with black friends at their house. So I’m far from prejudiced. You need to go interview some of the black people who have supported me for the last four or five years.”
The Saginaw chapter of NAACP says that they will attend the next Township meeting and ask that Platko be removed from her position. Terry Pruitt, the organization’s first vice president, says that with the clerk being a woman of advanced years, she should know better:
“Someone who is as old as Ms. Platko is, has seen some of the civil rights issues and was part of the civil rights movement in this country, should understand that those sort of statements are unacceptable,” said Pruitt.
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- 7th Grade Girl Beats Up Male Substitute Teacher [GRAPHIC VIDEO]
- New Ohio Senate Bill Targets Repeat Violent Criminals
- Council Looks for Answers to Close $17 Million Streetcar Funding Gap
- LaSalle High School Students Move Forward Despite Shooting Tragedy
- Rodney King Riots In Los Angeles Began On This Day In 1992
- Breaking: Student Shoots Himself At LaSalle High School
- Multiple Car Crash on I-74 Included 10 Cars