4-FALSE: People who commit suicide are people who were unwilling to seek help .
Studies of suicide victims have shown that more than half had sought medical help in the six months prior to their deaths.
FALSE: Talking about suicide may give someone the idea.
You don’t give a suicidal person morbid ideas by talking about suicide. The opposite is true — bringing up the subject of suicide and discussing it openly is one of the most helpful things you can do.
If you or someone you love is needs help don’t hesitate to get help.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Suicide prevention telephone hotline funded by the U.S. government. Provides free, 24-hour assistance. 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Katt Williams Slaps Target Cashier In The Face, Escapes On Electric Cart
- ‘Fiscal Cliff’ Talks Hung Up on Tax Rates Battle
- NewsOne Community Reacts To Jordan Russell Davis Killing
- Overprotective Dad Goes To HS Yelling, ‘Who’s F**king My Daughter?’
- Former Ala. Attorney General’s ‘Kiss My A*s’ Letter To KKK Goes Viral
- Booty Flop! Woman Shows Results Of Botched Butt-Enhancement Procedure