Surveillance footage released by police on Wednesday captured the ambush and near fatal shooting of Tyquan Sewall, 18, outside a Brooklyn McDonald’s.
The video clearly shows the intricate scheme, where a collection of young assailants pass along a .32-caliber Smith & Wesson before one of them approaches Sewall, aims the pistol at his head and fires.
A detailed rundown of the footage shows:
• 0:12– A man wearing a black shirt and carrying a black bag hands the bag to another man in a white T-shirt.
• 0:15– The man in the white T-shirt pulls out the revolver as his pal walks inside the restaurant.
• 0:20– A man in a red track jacket is seen walking towards McDonald’s.
• 0:24– The man in red enters the McDonald’s and is passed the revolver.
• 00:25– Sewal enters the frame, walking toward McDonald’s wearing black shorts and a white shirt.
• 0:30– Sewal reaches the entrance as the man in red steps out of the door, aims the pistol at Sewall’s head and fires.
“What you see here is a pretty elaborate choreography of handing off the gun from the first player, to the second player and to the gunman – all along luring the victim to the ambush,” said Paul Browne, top spokesman for the NYPD