92-year-old commentator and famed on-air personality Andy Rooney has announced formally that he’ll end his legendary post on ’60 Minutes’ on a high note. The announcement of his decision to leave the show comes just as a few other memorable faces such as Oprah Winfrey and Regis Philbin reach their end as American broadcasters as well.
Rooney is scheduled to hit the air for the last time on this Sunday, October 2nd. CBS reports Rooney will most likely not be replaced on the air, but invited him in a statement to come back whenever the urge hits him.
Check out the additional reports and find out when you can expect to see Rooney’s 1097th commentary farewell segment and career retrospective for the last time below.
Share your thoughts with us below on the message board using your Twitter or Facebook profile to log in and leave a comment.
- Wilberforce University Faces Investigation Over Mismanagement
- First Lady Rolls Up Sleeves, Helps Build House For Homeless Vets
- Optometrist Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Minor At LensCrafters
- Back From The Dead? Jackson Says Revive The “War On Poverty”
- Is CBC Week “Political Freaknik”?